When: Monday, November 18, 2019
Time: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College
2180 3rd Avenue, New York, NY 10035
Corner of 119th Street and Third Avenue
About the Training
This one-day 7-hour training program is designed for aspiring guardians – both lawyers and lay advocates; attorneys who seek to represent alleged incapacitated persons (AIP’s); and those who would like to serve as court evaluators, in guardianship proceedings.
The training explains the legal process by which an appointment is made and discusses the duties and role of the appointee as prescribed by New York State Law. The training also addresses a few specific issues: medical advocacy, fiduciary matters, and how guardians can access support services and other resources in the community.
This program is approved by New York State Office of Court Administration and participants completing this program are eligible to apply for enrollment on the Fiduciary List of the Office of Court Administration as guardians, court evaluators, and attorneys for alleged incapacitated persons.
- Registration fee: $250
- Additional administrative fees for CLE or CEU certificate requests: $50 per certificate
How to Pay
- Follow this link to make an online payment
- Online payments can also be made through the registration process
- We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover
- Payment can also be made by voucher, check or purchase order.
- Payments MUST BE RECEIVED by Brookdale Center for Healthy Aging before the event.
- Make payments payable to “RF-CUNY”, and mail to:
Brookdale Center for Healthy Aging at Hunter College
2180 Third Avenue, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10035
Attn: Eusebio Silverio
NOTE: Reference “Article 81 Guardianship Training” and the name(s) of the attendee(s) on the check or voucher.
CLE Credits for Attorneys
This Article 81 Guardianship Training is an accredited course for Continuing Legal Education (“CLE”) credits. Attorneys who complete this training will earn seven (7) CLE credits. No credits will be awarded for attorneys who do not attend the entire day’s training.
NYS Continuing Education
Brookdale Center for Healthy Aging at Hunter College, CUNY is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0161. The Article 81 Guardianship Training counts towards six (6) hours of continuing education credit for Licensed Master Social Workers (LMSWs) and Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs) in New York State.
Contact Ebby Silverio at [email protected] or 212-396-7848.
- Article 81 Guardianship Course Manual – Additional copies of our Guardianship Training Manual are available by special order for $125.00. To order, please email [email protected].